Story time! But wait. Did you know that President Kennedy of the US had a dream of dispatching people to the moon and was laughed at? It’s now on record that he achieved this great dream – because he was dreaming big enough. Did you know that Tiger woods already had a dream to become the world’s number one golfer when he was only 8? Did you know that Michael Jordan was refused into a basketball team because his coach said he was not tall enough to play basketball? He is now an irreplaceable legend in the sport.
Should you dream while others are wishing? You’ve probably heard about the Wright brothers, who were big dreamers. One day, Orville and Wilbur saw a bird flying in the sky, and they suggested humans could do the same. They started the project of creating something that could make humans do the same. Everyone thought they were crazy and insane since there was no aircraft in those times. They eventually invented the world’s first successful motor-operated airplane in 1903. Many men indeed fail through lack of vision and dreams and not lack of talents.
To small thinkers, everything looks like a mountain- John Mason.
Before you finish going through this content, you’ll have learned seven things that you must do to achieve your dreams and four things you must avoid on your way to achieving your dream. So sit back and relax. They are secrets about dreaming big I’ve never told anyone before.
What is a dream? It is the ability to see farther than your physical eyes can look. It could also mean daring to do something great, regardless of the consequences. When you dream, you are projecting and programming your future. According to Myles Munroe, the author of ”The Principles and power of vision,” the poorest person in the world is a person without a dream. Your dream will determine your destiny.
Impossibility is a word found only in the dictionary of a fool- Napoleon.
Do you want to start with small dreams? Hell no! Frank Kennedy, the Wright brothers, and others did not. You have to dream big to achieve great results. It is, however, true that you are going to achieve your dreams one by one. You must be clear about your final goal, your BIG and TRUE dream. Imagine everything you want, dream big, leave the fear aside, and go ahead with confidence. If you want to succeed, don’t settle for less.
Your future depends on many things but mostly on you- Frank Tigers.
Dreaming big isn’t that difficult, only that some people believe that it does not work. Is it true that some big dreamers fail? Yes! But if you act and face your life with the determination to succeed, you have every chance to succeed. If you are dreaming big enough, your chances of achieving great things are high.
However, if you do not act and if you are not clear about what you want to achieve, dreaming big will become a vague exercise of unrealistic imagination. I promised to tell you some secrets, right?
What are the steps to achieving your big dream?
- Have a big dream
- Be specific about what you want. If you aim at everything, you’ll hit nothing.
- Diligently pursue your dream with passion and zeal. Life will give you everything you give to it.
- Start every day with a dream of what you want to achieve on that day. Little drops of water make a mighty ocean, and the future you dream for begins today.
- Be persistent, don’t quit. Nothing worthwhile comes easily.
- Begin somewhere: Start with what you have.
- Strive for the best and nothing short of it
- Love yourself. Read about some of the little ways to love yourself here: https://lesserknownwriter.com/little-ways-to-keep-loving-yourself-lesser-known-writer/
Things to avoid on your way to your dream
- Making excuses instead of progress
- Procrastination (https://www.mindtools.com/pages/article/newHTE_96.htm#:~:text=Procrastination%20is%20the%20habit%20of,potential%20and%20undermine%20your%20career.)
- Fear: Don’t be afraid of failure
Lastly, successful people dreamt and created what you see around you, like cars, airplanes, smartphones, computers, and many more. Most of them attained this height after several attempts. So, if you fail, make sure you pick something up (learn a lesson) and do not quit. A wise saying suggests that you should aim for the stars; even if you fall, you will reach at least the moon.